Used for hemp fiber, for hemp oils, for medicinal purposes, and as a recreational drug, Cannabis plant is a genus of flowering plant in the family Cannabaceae. Since its discovery, weed (also known as marijuana) has spiked controversial opinions, legal issues, bans, and even new laws to control the use of weed for recreational purposes. With about 483 known compounds in the plant, weed (also known as cannabis) has a lot of health benefits too and to enjoy these benefits, it must be grown and harvested right.
Related: Reviews Of the Best LED Grow Lights
When it comes to growing your own weed, there are two common option you can choose from. These options are
- Outdoor growing
- Indoor growing
For outdoor weed growing, you obviously need land and irrigations system depending on where you live. You won’t need lighting because of the natural light provided by the sun. This method, however, requires more time before the cannabis are fully grown and ready for harvest compared to indoor growing.
For indoor growing of weed, special tents are used which provide adequate light, heat, air and other conditions favorable for the plant to fully mature faster. A self-contained indoor growing space that allows you to create the perfect environment for strong, healthy cannabis plants is called a grow tent. These tents are commonly used when the outdoor growing isn’t an option or when one needs to harvest cannabis fast, in a controlled environment.
Difference between a Grow box and a Grow tent
Sometimes it can be easy to confuse the two because they all facilitate growth in a controlled environment. However, grow tents are different from grow boxes in that as their name suggests, are made from fabric stretched over a framework of poles. Although this material makes them weaker structurally than grow boxes, grow tents are extremely portable and easy to move compared to grow boxes.
Things to Avoid when using Growing tents.
Although relatively portable and cheap compared to growing boxes, using grow tents can results in a set of challenges if not properly done. Below are some of the important things to avoid,
- Avoid over loading the grow tent with ventilation equipment
- Avoid cheap or unreliable grow tents since they could collapse and squash your weed.
- If you plan to be a consistent grower, then consider investing in high-quality equipment and tent that will last you long.
Top 5 grow tents for growing weed indoor
It is always a clever idea to read through testimonials and reviews before purchasing a grow tent for your weed indoor growing. Below is a review of the top 5 grow tents on the market today.
LAGarden Grow Tents
Compared to other makers, LAGarden has taken an interesting approach when it comes to growing tents. Made of an outer layer of 210D light proof oxford cloth and an inner layer of highly reflective diamond mylar, these grow tents are more stylish and way sleeker.
- Made of an inner layer that is water proof and well insulating.
- The grow tents are very sturdy and the frames are colored to prevent rusting due to moisture.
- For easy access to your plants, these tents have small and big doors at convenient places around the tent. They also have small windows used to momentarily check on your
- Has 2 in 1 tent design which facilitates separate growing environment. In case you are only going to be growing weed then, the barrier can be removed.
- Multiple sizes to choose from, ranging from 32″x32″x63″ to 120″x120″x78″
Advantages of LAGarden Grow Tents
- It has sleek and more stylish design
- Has 2 in 1 division option which can allow you to have two separate growing environments.
- With multiple windows and doors, it is easier to view or gain access to your
Disadvantages of LAGarden Grow Tents
- It is made with a thinner material compared to other brands
- It is also quite pricey
G-Leaf Diamond Series Grow Tents
Praised by many for their durability, G-Leaf Diamond Series offers some of the best grow tents today. This durable tent borrows its name from the Ultra Reflective Diamond Mylar that is used inside its tents.
- It is nontoxic
- The inside is made of reflective Mylar while the outside is made of made of black 600D polyester canvas
- To hold the heaviest ballasts and lighting, the frame is made with 16 mm strong steel
- Can be assembled in a matter of minutes
- The zippers are made of metal so they will last longer compared to plastic ones, and never get stuck.
- The grow tent is made in diverse sizes depending on your needs. These are 16″x16″x48″, 24″x24″x56″, 32″x32″x64″, 40″x40x”80″48″x32″x60″, 48″x48″x80″, 56″x56″x80″, 60″x60″x80″ or 96″x48″x80″.
Advantages of G-Leaf Diamond Series Grow Tents
- It has a tough construction which makes it more durable compared to other brands
- These tents come in various shapes and sizes which are conveniently customizable for your growing area.
Disadvantages of G-Leaf Diamond Series Grow Tents
- The company currently offers no warranty
- With no easy access portal, it might be challenging for a beginner to get used to.
Apollo Horticulture Grow Tents
It’s hard to speak high quality grow tents without the name Apollo coming to mind. Apollo Horticulture is one of the leading manufacturers of not only grow tents but also all accessories that accompany it such as fans and lighting. They also supply air pumps to ensure that your weed receives only the best supply of air.
- Made of strong and tear proof material
- Has highly absorbent black layer outside with reflective Mylar layer inside.
- When shut, the heavy duty, double stitched zippers make sure that no light escapes from the tent.
- To install an inline fan ventilation system, the tents have a special opening on top.
- With multiple entrance points, it becomes easier to monitor your weed without losing all the humidity that is necessary for the cannabis growth.
- They come in wide variety of sizes depending on your needs, ranging from 36″x20″x62″, 36″x36″x72″, 48″x24″x60″, 48″x48″x80″ (#1 Best Seller), 60″x60″x80″ and 96″x48″x80″.
- Construction is easy and requires NO tools!
Advantages of Apollo Horticulture Grow Tents
- With the 90-days warranty, Apollo has the best deals for customers in case the product doesn’t work for them
- It is best for a beginner or anyone not familiar with fixing stuff since no tools are required during installation
- Has heavy duty metal frame hence it can support fans, pumps, and heavy lighting equipment.
Disadvantages of Apollo Horticulture Grow Tents
- A bit pricey compared to other brands.
- Sometimes light can leak from the tent.
Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT24 Tent
Ranked as “Amazon’s choice” by 2017 on www.amazon.com, Gorilla grows tent has received a lot of great feedback from users which is what determines the quality of a brand really. Gorilla grow tents come in varied sizes which make it easier for you to choose the best depending on the amount of indoor space you have.
Features for LTGGT24 Tent
- Bug resistant adjustable micro mesh pre-filters
- Durable and strong zippers and fabric
- The frame is made of all steel interlocking and secure.
- Can be set up fast
- Height Adjusting with the patent pending adjustable extension poles (sold separately) allowing you to increase the height of your grow tent from 6′ 7″ to 7′ 7″
Advantages of Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT24 Tent
- Gorilla tent has adjustable height which enables you to increase the height of your tent when desired
- With interlocking frame, no tools are necessary during set up
Disadvantages of Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT24 Tent
- Additional parts must be bought separately if you want to have the option of height increase.
VivoSun Grow Tents
At the fifth position is the Vivosun grow tent which apart from having all necessary qualities of a good grow tent, has additional features that make it stand out. Made of an extra thick and durable 600D plastic, Vivosun grow tents have proven to be durable even when used in harsh conditions.
- high durability
- fitted with special hanging bars on top for your lights, fans and other equipment.
- Its frame is made up of strong steel stubbing to avoid collapsing even under heavy weight.
- Made to effectively block light and to be tear proof
- Cool “D” shaped doors for quick picks to the tent without loss of humidity.
- Has two-year warranty
- To avoid disrupting the internal environment, the tent also has clear windows to view your weed.
Advantages of VivoSun Grow Tents
- Vivosun grow tents comes with 2- year warranty
- It is quite durable compared to other brands
- Easy to install equipment due to hanging bars
Disadvantages of VivoSun Grow Tents
- It is quite expensive compared to other options on the market.
There are many reasons why it is important to use grow tents for your cannabis(weed) especially when the outdoor option is not possible. Designed to keep things simple for hobbyist cannabis growers, not only can you harvest faster, you can also grow it discretely as well.